Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Green Lantern Corps #35 (just a pellet)


In part 3 of "Emerald Eclipse" there is revenge, murder, backstabbing, and heroics with a reveal at the end that left me saying "Awww yeah." Truth be told, I had neglected GLC before this current arc. I think that's going to have to change. Patrick Gleason's art has grown on me and Tomasi's exploration of random Sinestro Corps members really opens up the world of the emerald space police and their adversaries. There is a huge prisonbreak as a boatload of Sinestros get their rings back and of course, there is a huge skirmish. In this issue there are also two family reunions: one being Green Lantern Sodom (who holds the power of Ion) and his father, as well as Soranik and her father...Sinestro. The panel layout wasn't really to my liking. It was over stylized and basically overdone. There were some pages that had frivolous panels and it just complicated the page. Gleason's art is still solid though, and being assisted by Randy Mayor really elevates the story. There is also a "Last Days of Animal Man" preview. I had remembered hearing something about that story, but nothing major, and it's cool to see the project being finalized. Bottom line: it seems to me that "Blackest Night" will be the coolest event of the year and I'm going to grab as much GL books as I can, just to make sure I don't miss anything.

No comments: