Friday, July 24, 2009

Justice League Casting Call Part Two

Last time we talked about Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Green Arrow,Green Lantern, Aquaman...so today we are casting Flash, the Martian Manhunter and a slew of cameos.

So let's have some fun.

On to The Flash!

Now it's interesting to point out that a few days ago, a friend let me know about this:

so...what's up with that? It could work. I especially like the idea of them using Wally. So we're going to go with that casting choice.

Scott Porter would be an almost perfect choice for Wally West. He can be seen in the "Friday Night Lights" show. Or could be seen. I think the show got axed this past season. Wally needs to be a bit young, without looking like a kid. He has tons of experience being Kid Flash and when Barry died, he ascended to the mantle of the Flash. I wasn't a big Flash fan growing up, I was mainly a Spider-Man, Batman and Green Lantern. While Porter recently turned 30, he still has a boyish look to him that I think Wally reflects perfectly.


Martian Manhunter.

Hrm. Now, I might have to take the cheap way out and just say cgi him. I mean it worked for the Silver Surfer. Though I disagree with his voice. Doug Jones should have been his body AND his voice. Perhaps a combination of state-of-the-art make up and CGI, sort of how they worked the werewolves in "Underworld".

His voice should be something regal, yet, alien. I think Phil Morris is doing a great job on "Smallville" with the role, but it's missing something a bit stronger. So, I really dug Miguel Ferrer's take on the character in "New Frontier". Yes, it's a bit cheating since he's already done the role, but I like it.

Cameos cameos cameos!!!

I'd really love to see characters, you know, out of costume that are staples of the DC universe, just as nods to fans.

I think John Hurt would be tremendous as an older Wesley Dodds, the Golden Age Sandman. Plus it'd be interesting for him to try an American accent. What'd be even interesting is a brief flashback or so of him in costume. Nothing more than say a couple of seconds or so. Similar to how they treated the Hollis Mason flashbacks in "Watchmen". Dodds has an incredible story and experience. Not sure how you would tie him in, but there should always be room for a character such as him.




Next time, I'll cast more cameos, supporting roles (Lois Lane, John Zatara, etc) and the villains I'd love to see them throw down with.

No comments: