Sunday, January 2, 2011

What will 2011 hold?

So 2010 was a bit rough to say the least. It wasn't my most shining example on how I wanted things to go, but here I am. Alive, somewhat sober, and still creating. When I look back on the two years or so it's hard to imagine I was in a different city and state. I've certainly earned my nomad badge, but I feel things are where they need to be now in my life, at least living situation-wise. Now that might change sometime, but I'm happy where I am.

On a professional level, I don't see that much of a change, and that's really unfortunate. I will say that this year I've been to the most cons I have in my entire life with MegaCon, HeroesCon, DragonCon, and Wizard World Atlanta, I've definitely done my share of rubbing elbows and putting my name out there. There's something about surrounding yourself with creative people that you can't help but see the big picture in your life which gives you a more positive outlook. It does for me at least.

This year I am venturing off to the West Coast for the first time in almost 6 years. I'm sure nothing has changed that much since I last went there, but still. I'm off to WonderCon, which I hear is a good show. Laid back, but still pretty massive. HeroesCon of the West Coast? We shall see. I'm excited. I miss traveling. Well, I've done plenty of traveling, but in a more nomadic sense, so I mean more in the way of vacationing and actually experiencing the world instead of just being tossed around by it.

So, here's to the New Year. Hope it brings out the best in everybody.

No comments: