Saturday, August 1, 2009

One hundred and eleventy!



That is cream of my comic collection. Hawkman #4 and Green Lantern #14. Each have their own first appearances and each are very important to me. Of course, the first appearance of Star Sapphire is important to GL lore. However it's the Hawkman title that has my heart.



First appearance of Zatanna. She is split into two, with each of her personas speaking a weird language. Though...



Get them together and they form complete sentences. Kind of cool, especially since the Hawks had to figure it out, as well as the reader. Now the comic isn't in the best of shape. I bought off of ebay a few years ago for $15. It's kinda tan with a wavy feel to it. Like somebody poured water on it. I don't care. I mean, I'd like to get a better version later sometime in my life. I know since Z is going to have her own series in the near future, her stock is going to rise a bit.

Speaking of Zatanna...



Chris helped me score this piece. See, I don't have a deviant art page or anything like that, so he helps me discover new artists and such. I do the same for him since he had never heard of Ted Naifeh before I showed him what the man can do. The piece is by Alex Owens. It's a unique style and trippy in a way.

My magic wall is going to be full by the end of the year. I may just have to resort getting all my stuff in sketchbooks again.

No comments: