Monday, June 8, 2009

Let's talk about chicks, man: Velma Dace Dinkley



Orange being my LEAST favorite color of the spectrum, it's hard to fathom I would have such a crush on this character who is smothered in it. She doesn't always have the best lines, but she's always the one who usually solves the mystery. I guess that's where the attraction comes from. Just like Donatello from TMNT. Not to say I have a crush on him, but he was always my favorite turtle because he was the brains of the operation. I just thought there was just something incredibly sexy growing up about her. Yeah, I'm weird, but we all know that.

Little known fact about her, Scooby is actually HER dog. I can't remember where I read that, but I remember reading it a few years ago and was somewhat astonished thinking he was always Shaggy's pooch.



It has been long rumored that she is fact a lesbian. I can see why people would think so. It was hinted about the sexual tension between Daphne and Freddie, and Shaggy and Scooby were just potheads, so they weren't interested in sex as much as hallucinating and scoring free meals. Hanna-Barbara has denied this and actually gave her a love interest in the live-action sequel with the oh-so hot Linda Cardelini as Ms. Dinkley. I don't think she's gay at all. I just think she's just strictly business about solving mysteries and a bit tomboyish, but definitely not gay.



This picture sums it up quite well, actually. She epitomizes the type of girl I'm attracted to. I mean, if you have seen my girlfriend you'd know what I'm talking about. Between the cheerleaders and the bookwork, I like my girls brainy. It just sucks she's the butt of the glasses joke ("I can't see without my glasses"). We get it, you're hella nearsighted, but damn, orange knee socks and a sweater never looked so good.



Point made. Next time, I'll cover DC's Mistress of Magic: Zatanna Zatara!

4 comments:

Samax said...

i like nerdy chicks (hey, i'm a nerd, so it works out!)
Velma was it going on!

Lew Smith said...

I've always thought Velma was hotter than Daphne. Don't get me wrong, I think Daphne is hot (I do have a thing for redheads after all), but that's just all she was good for: looking pretty and doing nothing. Velma pretty much did most of the work while Shaggy and Scooby were off looking for the longest hero sandwich they can find, and that friggin' glory-hog Fred has to come in and take all the credit! Fred is a douche! I want to wring his thick neck with that stupid little neckerchief of his!...Sorry. I get a little carried away.

But yeah, being someone who's always a sucker for an underdog, Velma definitely falls into that category for me. Always doing all the work and taking none of the credit but still manages to smile while doing so. She's a real trooper. Besides being brainy, she's also modest. She doesn't feel the need to try and be a sex symbol like Daphne, and that's what makes her all the more hotter. And I have to agree with that picture about the "Nerdy Chicks:" you know their secretly into all the kinky stuff, though they'll never admit it. ;)

Lew Smith said...

Ew...I just read over my comment and saw all my grammatical errors. I need to sleep now.

Lan Pitts said...

Haha, it's all good, Lew.